2020 Charlie Mohrle Award Winner - Maj "Bull" Shaw
THE 510th Fighter Squadron Association
TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETINGS: THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT THE 510TH FIGHTER SQUADRON ASSOCIATION
PER THE CONSITUTION AND BYLAWS OF THE ASSOCIATION HAS AWARDED
THE 2020 Charles D. Mohrle MEMORIAL AWARD TO:
Major Michael “Bull” Shaw
FOR: Dedicated and outstanding service to the 510th Fighter Squadron while serving as the squadron Weapons and Tactics Officer, 510 Fighter Squadron. The unmatched professional skill, dedication, and ceaseless efforts of Major Michael Shaw resulted in major contributions to the operational capabilities of the 510th Fighter Squadron. He always prioritized the well-being of his Squadron and the Mission and his tireless efforts led to the outstanding performance of the unit.
His superior professional skill, knowledge, and leadership aided immeasurably in implementing the NEW NORMAL for combat airpower filling 365 days of Ground Alert Close Air Support (GCAS) in support of EUCOM and AFRICOM primary taskings. His superior efforts in planning and executing USAFE's largest Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) exercise where he led CAS/SCAR missions and conducted two mission commander upgrades greatly enhanced the Tactics Technics Procedures used by EUCOM's sole CSAR squadron. It is thereby an honor to award the 510th Fighter Squadron Charles D. Mohrle Memorial Award to Major Michael Shaw. His extraordinary efforts and accomplishments during this period reflect great credit upon himself, the United States Air Force, and the 31st Fighter Wing.
510TH Fighter Squadron Commander
President 510TH Fighter Squadron Association
FROM: 1 January 2020 TO 31 December 2020
- Tread Bio
2020 Roll Up From Maintenance = RULE!
- Update from Buzzard 01
- New Buzzard Chief - Chief Master Sergeant Chad T. Gaddy
510th Fighter Squadron History
The 510th Fighter Squadron was originally constituted as the 625th Bombardment Squadron (Dive) on 4 February 1943. It was activated on 1 Mar 1943 at Drew Field, FL, and assigned to the 405th Bombardment (later, 405th Fighter-Bomber; 405th Fighter) Group. It was redesignated as the 510th Fighter-Bomber Squadron on 10 August 1943; as the 510th Fighter-Bomber Squadron, Single Engine, on 20 August 1943; and as the 510th Fighter Squadron, Single Engine, on 30 May 1944. In late 1943, the squadron moved to Walterboro Army Air Field, South Carolina where it began to fly the were the Douglas A-24 Banshee (1943), then the Bell P-39 Airacobra (1943) and finally the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (1943-1945).
- 510th FS, 48th FW conduct FTD at RAF Lakenheath
- Aviano Airman named top Fighter Aviator in USAFE
- RMAF & USAF unite for Majestic Eagle 2013
- Fighters in BALTOPS